WHERE IN THE WORLD IS OUR MISSIONARY?


ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise

2.8.10

Daddy was always my Hero: Happy Birthday May 22, 2010

- 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD a.k.a. GRANDPA FRANK a.k.a. PRIVATE MAC!  88 years ago my Dad was born in the great state of Michigan.  His father was an Irish immigrant.  His mother died when he was very young.  He graduated from high school in Michigan and was supporting his Dad when war broke out.  At the age of 20 he decided to serve his country and joined the army.  He was trained on tanks, but ended up being sent to the Pacific Theatre with the 112th Cavalry.  His duty was Reconnaisance Patrol, riding as shotgun in a jeep ahead of his regiment, scouting.  All my life I heard stories from my Dad, so this year we decided to go the WWII Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg, TX as part of his birthday celebration.  His four daughters came to celebrate with him, which made this very special for Dad.  (My brother is coming to see him this fall.)   The picture of Dad in front of the tank is an actual tank in the museum that is almost identical to the one Dad rode in.  In the picture of me and Dad together, I am pointing to the 112th Cavalry Plaque that is displayed along the "walk of honor" at the museum.     Dad has always been my favorite war hero!  One of the things that has made our country great were the common soldiers and common good men...and great Dads. . . like my Dad.  We met some of these wonderful veterans at the museum on Dad's birthday with their families at their side.  It was a great honor to be with these veterans  and with my Dad.    I love you, Daddy!