WHERE IN THE WORLD IS OUR MISSIONARY?


ELDER SETH LORENZO COSBY
Tahiti Papeete Mission
L'Eglise de Jesus-Christ des Saints des Derniers Jours,
Mission Mormone, BP93
(for pkgs add: Cours de L'Union Sacree)
Papeete Tahiti 98714
Polynesie Francaise

8.5.10

ELDER COSBY: FIRST 3 DAYS AT THE MTC

Dear Mom and Dad,
     I am doing great here.  It just so happens that my buddy Elder Kaulukukui from BYUH is also my companion here at the MTC.  We are studying hard and I feel like I've learned a lifetime of things and it has only been a few days.  It turns out that I am going to be here 11 weeks so my estimated departure date is July 20th, and that is only if my visa gets cleared so we will see . . .
     When I first got to the MTC they were handing all the Elders their packets with PMG [Preach My Gospel] and other gospel materials.  I walked past the english Elders who had these small packets and then past the foreign Elders who had slightly larger packets.  Then I got to my section and they said, "Elder, you are very lucky," and handed me two huge bags that I had to have my host help me carry.  Supposedly my district is one of the first to be going through this new type of training at the MTC which is cool.  Our teachers are awesome and the rest of my district is awesome.  One of the guys is not here yet because he said that he had to finish finals but we think he really just wanted to see Iron Man 2.  It's been pretty exciting to see all my friends from BYUH here too its pretty cool to see people that I went to school with here especially since I didn't really know they would be here.  Our branch president told all of us newbs to have talks in french prepared for tomorrow and he chooses randomly who will give the talk which was kind of overwhelming . . . It is cold here . . . There are some things that I need . . . I have used 27 of my 30 minutes on email just writing this letter so if you could keep emails short and sweet that would give me more time to write.

Love, Elder Cosby